Monday, March 6, 2017

Other Work is Important

In Chapter 5 of Steal Like an Artist, the author states many important tips that I agree with regarding procrastination. I think for a designer it is important to procrastinate in order to develop ideas. When one pushes something aside they give themselves time to think things through, that is where ideas can spark. When I find myself being bored doing nothing, such as when I'm about to go to bed and I struggle to fall asleep, I find myself generating ideas. In that moment I find myself thinking of ways I could improve, which is also a reason I think I find it hard to fall asleep so quick. I think finding a time to do nothing and be just bored gives you the time to just focus on one thing. In the chapter the author mentions practicing productive procrastination. I think that doing nothing but thinking falls into that category. Another point that I got out of the chapter is the importance of having multiple hobbies. Hobbies are things that make you feel happy, its something that gives and doesn't take. Some of my hobbies that make me happy include playing soccer and lifting weights. I think if I didn't have these things in my life it wouldn't be as fun and exciting.  Everyone should have a hobby whether thats playing an instrument, exercising, or drawing, to name a few. 

No comments:

Post a Comment