Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Be Active

In chapter 9 of Steal Like An Artist, the author Austin Kleon talks about the importance of staying active. He also talks about staying out of debt and enjoying the job you do. It also talks about the importance of marrying well. A good partner motivates you and believes that you can accomplish any goal you set your mind to. Throughout my routine I like to stay very active. Its also very repetitive but its also because I'm pursuing long term goals that I've set up. From the time I wake up at 5:30am I am already active. I head to my job at a large factory called Libman. Yes it isn't the greatest job because the pay isn't what I want but I am also a part-timer and it has its benefits. I like to look at the positives in every situation because in truth, it could always be worse. For example, the job works around my school schedule every semester so when I have class I can clock-out earlier. However, when I don't have class I am there until 3:30pm. As soon as I leave work I head home and change to gym apparel. At this point I'm very exhausted but I motivate myself at times by watching motivational videos, or looking at gym memes. I leave the gym around 6:30 and head home to eat, shower, and work on homework or projects. Usually the only free time that I have is the weekend, but even then I still try to maintain an active life. I don't like to stay in and nap all the time because I feel like once I start doing that I find it harder to go back to my routine. I think an active routine benefits greatly. It lets the mind be more active as well and its also better for your health. I don't currently have a calendar to keep organized but I think its something to explore from reading the book. I think being orderly helps being creative because it gives you time to think ahead at what coming and reminds you to keep an open mind. I think a log book can help be more creative by looking back on past events that occurred that helped your mind develop ideas. For example, if you found a book, site, or even a place that inspired you, it would be a good idea to write it in your logbook to look back on. I don't have a logbook currently but I will use it for the week and add it to my next homework assignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment