Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Introduction


Hey guys,
I want to start off my blog by introducing myself and by discussing what led me to choose Graphic Design as my major.
I grew up and went to high school in Arcola, a small town 35 miles South of Champaign. It is very different from Champaign. Many people say Champaign is small but have no idea what its like to live in a town of only 3,000. The community is very close and thats something I love about living in a small town. However, there aren’t very many opportunities there which is why I plan to move somewhere bigger in the future. I plan to get my degree and move somewhere where I can find a good job in graphic design.
There are several reasons why I decided to choose Graphic Design as my major. The first one being that I love Photoshop. The amount of things you can create are limitless. I also really like working with computers and using other Adobe programs. I have always thought that using creative visual graphics for communication is something I would like to do someday. The main reason that I chose it is because I love being able to use ideas and create them visually.
My creative process starts with writing down key words the topic I am designing for. Once I have most of them down I try to find a way I can incorporate them in a design. I start to researching designs similar to the one I am going to be working on. I then begin sketching ideas and then attempting to do a quick mockup of my top ideas on the computer. Once I find an idea that I feel confident with I stick to it and try to come up with the best final design.
There are many places I get my ideas from some include social media, Pinterest, or just simply googling key words. Much of my inspiration comes simply by seeing designs on the web. I see many advertisements and graphics on social media and I save them on my phone. I don't follow one specific designer but I do admire creative people. I usually search around and just grab ideas from different designers but I don't usually stick to just one person's style. 

I really look forward to working on project 1 and I also plan on beginning research for project 3 as soon as I can because it seems like it will be a bit more lengthy.

One of the designs that I consider adding to my portfolio is a billboard advertisement that I designed for Chladny Orthodontics. I consider it creative because of the humor between adding braces to animals. I think the humor makes it more memorable.

This is my research for project 1.






I think these designs are very successful because they are very attention grabbing and colorful. I also like that they are very abstract. I look forward to working on this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment